Just a quick post tonight before going to bed.
I wanted to share with you the 12 lovely new fat quarters that came in the mail today…Oooo, I just can’t wait to figure out what I’m going to do with these!
I also had the bright idea that I needed a thread catcher and after drooling over way too many options on Pinterest I picked one, which has a pin cushion attached, and set off making it tonight. I succeeded, although I think I made it harder than it needed to be!
The pattern I chose to follow suggested adding boning to the top of the bag to keep it open; since I didn’t have any of that I decided to use fusible interfacing on the bag liner to make it stand up. That did the trick but sewing through the interfacing and trying to turn it inside out was a bit of a struggle. I fought the bag and I won! Here are a few pics of the finished object – now I’m off to bed – g’nite!
I know I could’ve done a better job of finishing the end…after a good night’s rest I’ll tackle that tomorrow!