March patchwork challenge…1st attempt

Here’s the challenge for March: Nine Patch Frame

Oh boy, this one is really tough…especially for a beginner! From a distance it doesn’t look too bad but once you zoom in you can see all the mistakes. I tried to do a ‘scant 1/4″ seam’ but I just can’t figure out how to do it consistently and because of that all my intersections are off…way off! On top of that I made mistakes cutting the pieces and didn’t have enough of the Cherries fabric. I didn’t want to re-cut the small triangles (because it was late and I was tired) so I pulled some matching similar different fabric and cut the larger triangles, I should’ve known it wasn’t going to look right! ugh!

And don’t even get me started on sewing the 3rd & 4th long strips for the frame!!! I had to read the instructions twice and I still didn’t really get it until I just started sewing…I kind of figured it out but because the seams weren’t ‘true’ my frame was a bit wonky 😦

Guess I’ll be giving the ‘alternate selection’ a try! LOL






3 thoughts on “March patchwork challenge…1st attempt

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s