WIP…Jungle Babies almost done!

I’ve made progress on the Jungle Babies quilt I started at the beginning of the month…although then I called it Baby Animals. I had purchased some animal print FQ to use for the backing so last night I pieced together four of them to make the backing. I inserted a layer of cotton batting and then I basted with pins – not safety pins but regular straight pins 😦 not a good idea!!! LOL! I need to buy basting safety pins but just haven’t gotten around to it and I didn’t want to lose the motivation so I just made it work with what I had – and yes, I stuck myself several times, thankfully no blood!

I decided I would quilt diamonds onto the faces of the animal squares and just stitch in the ditch on the rows of red sashing. I didn’t stitch in the ditch on the columns of sashing because I like the way it looks on the back with just the rows. I used black thread so it would be noticeable on the front but not so much on the back. Before I basted everything together I used a pencil to draw the diamonds on the topper; I’m glad I did because I know I wouldn’t have been able to do it free hand!

I like the way it turned out…now I just need to figure out what I’m doing for the binding and make it happen! Looks like I’ll be making a trip to Hobby Lobby!

Front 1

Front quilting

Back 1

Back quilting

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s