As I’ve said, I just love doing the binding because it means I’m almost done – and since it’s been raining all day I was able to focus and “get ‘er done”!
Here’s a couple shots of my successes and issues with my first attempt at ‘stitching the binding from the top’ – ha, I’m sure there’s a more formal name for it but I can’t seem to find it. So to sum it up, you sew the binding on the front as usual but instead of stitching the binding on the back side you fold it over to the back but stitch ‘in the ditch’ of the binding on the FRONT. The trick is to catch the binding on the back without being able to see what you’re doing :-s
I was pretty successful on the straight away – I pinned it like crazy!
And two of the corners turned out well – here’s one of them (sorry, it’s a little blurry).
The problems came on two of the other corners – I guess I didn’t pin well enough because I missed in a couple of places. Not only did I miss once, but I tried sewing over it a second time and I missed it AGAIN! LOL!
Here’s the other corner where I missed. I decided to just sew these few areas by hand as I stitched up the mitered corners.
Here she is all done!
I’m a little bummed that I didn’t get the binding stitches lined up in this corner…so…after it comes out of the washer/dryer I may undo this section and try again.
I’m pretty darn happy with the overall quilt and can’t wait to offer it up to my friends on Facebook.
That’s it for now…I’m off to watch the ACMs!