I finished off the table runner this evening. As I mentioned earlier, I extended the binding seam on the front so when it wrapped around the back there was more equal distribution of fabric…and I like it much better!
I decided to use Pat Sloan’s method for sewing the binding by using a blanket stitch and the ‘mirror’ button on my new machine. In the video she stitched her binding to the back and wrapped it to the front…I did the opposite. It came out just fine because I used a dark brown thread and you can’t hardly see it on the front or the back (that helps hide mistakes too!).
Here are the final pictures…sorry for so many but I’m really tickled with how this turned out!!
The really cool thing is I no sooner posted finished pictures to Facebook & Instagram and I got an order to make one for my friend in California! And another friend called to tell me how great it looks and said she’s going to go buy fabric so I can make her one. I’m extremely flattered!!!
I played around with some other fabrics this evening and made another pumpkin, this time using a single fabric instead of patchwork…I think this may become another table runner, for no one in particular…yet 😀
That’s all for now…G’night!