Although I haven’t been running with any regularity, my running buddies got me out yesterday for a 5 mile run. Now mind you, we’re signed up for a 10K next weekend (!) so it’s necessary to get in a bit more distance…but the most I’ve run for the last two months is 4 miles. I wasn’t sure how my legs & stamina would hold up but I was going to give it a shot.
We decided to go to Riverwalk in Rock Hill to run the path along the river – I really should’ve stopped to take a few pictures during the run but I never think of that until I’m writing about it here :-s Anyway, we got started about 8:15 am and there was plenty of shade so it didn’t feel too awful…but I could tell the humidity was already starting to creep up.
I had my Garmin with me and just as we were getting ready to start I got the dreaded “battery low” beeps! Oh no!! Well, at least I had my phone and the C25K app (which I usually only use for interval cues) so I connected it to GPS and we were on our way. I started the Garmin too knowing full well it would die before we finished…and sure enough it stopped at 1.81 miles. I loaded the C25K for 3:2 run:walk intervals and all was well until I hit about 3.8 miles…I took an extended walk break and then picked back up to finish the rest of the distance on cue.
Overall, I did pretty well but I’m feeling a bit ‘creaky’ today – I plan to get out at least once this week before the 10K next weekend…yeah, that’s my plan 😉
I’ve also been sewing on another Pumpkin table runner and I finished that off today. Since taking the owner’s class about my new sewing machine I feel much more confident changing the settings, stitches and presser feet. I whizzed through appliqueing on the last two pumpkins and did FMQ (free-motion quilt) on the background. I joined the finished blocks together using strips and put the final touch on with the binding.
I really like this table runner too…it’s a slight variation from the first but still pretty much the same:
Well, it’s back to the sewing room to clean up the space so we can break down the bed and get ready to put in my new cutting/crafting table – squeeee!. I finally decided to buy a couple of bookcases (from Walmart) and a table top (from IKEA) to make a DIY table…it’s supposed to look like this (found on Pinterest):
We’re going to break the bed down but it will have to stay in the room because we don’t have anywhere else to put it. I’ve decided to put the mattress and box spring up against the wall with the tall side up and use the back of it for a ‘design wall’. Ha…we’ll see if that plan works out!