I’m honored and flattered that Never A Dull Bling would nominate me for the Liebster Award!! I started following her blog because it appears we run for the same reason – BLING – although, I will also run for beer! Please go check out her blog!!
First, I’ll post the rules, then answer the questions given to me, then post the bloggers I’m nominating, and then my questions I’d like for them to answer.
Rules for the Liebster Award:
Once you are nominated,
- Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
Here are the questions given to me:
- How, why, and when did you start blogging? I started blogging in Dec 2010 mainly to keep track of my journey to find a creative outlet. As I entered my ‘mid-years’ I found I was craving something creative and if you go WAY back in my blogs you’ll see I tried many things! I also picked up running in an effort to maintain my health so I added that to my blog.
- Have you ever had a truly life-changing experience? Nothing traumatic, thank goodness!
- If you could meet one famous person alive today, who would it be? I didn’t think this question would be that hard to answer but I find I’ve saved it for last. Several names have popped into my head for different reasons, making it hard to choose but I finally landed on Morgan Freeman. He seems so intelligent and interesting…and who doesn’t just love his voice!
- What is one thing on your bucket list you absolutely have to do? Visit the Grand Canyon. I’ve wanted to go there since childhood…not sure what’s stopping me!
- Describe a beautiful place that you’ve been. Aruba. Their tag line “One Happy Island” is so true. We’ve been there more than 12 times in the past 20 years. The weather is always great, low humidity and a soft breeze. The water is that beautiful blue you can see through and the people are so friendly but they won’t intrude or bother you.
- What makes you happy? Playing with my dog, Sammie, makes me happy. I call her the ‘Love of my life’ which really ticks off my husband – but he’s just as smitten with her.
- What irritates you? Selfish people who think their needs/wants are the only ones that matter.
- Which song will always cheer you up? Back In Love Again by LTD (I think I’m telling my age) I just can’t sit still when I hear this song!
- Can you play any musical instruments? Not really, I took a few piano and guitar lessons (as part of my creative journey) but I never mastered either one.
- What does your ideal day consist of? Sitting on the beach in Aruba sipping a tropical cocktail
- What is one thing you really like about yourself? My ability to be a problem-solver. I’m a logical thinker and can usually break issues down to get at the root of the problem and then find a solution – without getting overly emotional.
Here are the blogs I’m nominating…you’ll notice they’re all ‘quilting’ related – my newest obsession! (All the other running blogs I follow didn’t qualify because they have more than 200 followers.)
Here are the questions for the bloggers I nominated:
- How, why, and when did you start blogging?
- What’s the nicest thing someone has done for you?
- If you could meet one famous person alive today, who would it be?
- What is one thing on your bucket list you absolutely have to do?
- Describe a beautiful place that you’ve been.
- What makes you happy?
- What irritates you?
- Which song will always cheer you up?
- Can you play any musical instruments?
- What does your ideal day consist of?
- What is one thing you really like about yourself?
That’s it, I can’t wait to see your responses!