I finished up two more items this week. As I’ve mentioned I’ve been working on a Patchwork Pumpkin table runner for a friend in California and I actually got it done last weekend and in the mail on Monday with the blanket for Anya. I wanted to wait to post about it until she received it and sent me a few pictures…but that hasn’t happened yet and I’m just too dang excited to wait any longer!! lol
I’ve really enjoyed making these table runners – they’re just enough work that I feel accomplished but it doesn’t take me weeks to get through the project 😀
The second item I finished this week is the Genny and Ruth block that I turned into a baby blanket. I finally got it basted and quilted. I decided to use random wavy lines (I’ve been seeing a lot of that in the blog-o-sphere lately); it was a little difficult at first because I was getting some pulling and puckering but I quickly figured out that I was pulling and moving the blanket too much. I’m so happy with the final product – it finished at 40″ square! I used leftovers from the Kona Blueberry fat quarters to make the binding…it’s perfect!
Now for a gratuitous display of photos (sorry for the poor lighting):