I’ve got a few updates on the sewing front:
- Quilt for Baby Rece is done!
As I mentioned in a previous post, the salesperson at my LQS suggested I do the striped binding on the bias and I figured, why not? I was quite nervous cutting and piecing the binding strips as I didn’t want to stretch them out of shape. And then sewing the binding to the front I could tell I had quite a bit of stretch so I was super careful not to tug it out of shape. When I got back to the start and had to piece the two ends together I purposely made the seam a little short so I could use the stretch to make it fit…unfortunately I must’ve tugged a little too much because I ended up with a little overlap…and I left it there.
I flipped the binding to the back and used clips to hold it in place. I added a corner label before I started stitching in the ditch through the front. All went really well until I got to the overlap on the front…of course it created the same overlap on the back…and I left it there too. It’s in the wash now…I just hope the label doesn’t run like it did on my last quilt.
2. Dog 3 from the Dog Gone Cute QAL is done…my litter is growing! LOL
3. I completed the September patchwork challenge from Tinkerbellknits. I didn’t follow the directions as printed because I didn’t want to sew all those triangles together – instead I made HST and then cut & sewed them to match the block layout. I also stayed with only 3 colors/patterns instead of using 5 as suggested. It’s not the best…but it’s close enough 😉
Tomorrow I’ll be working on the final block from the Cozy Afternoon series…then I’ll need to figure out how I’m going to turn those blocks into a quilt – because of course I didn’t plan that out in advance!!
That’s about all for now…G’night!