I’m making progress on my first commissioned t-shirt quilt…actually my first t-shirt quilt ever (why did I agree to make one for someone else first!?)
The client wants an organic look to the quilt (not something with all the same size blocks and sashing which would’ve been a bit easier!) so putting this together has been a slow process – like putting a puzzle together – and that never was my favorite thing!! Ha!
That said, I’ve figured out the top half and have it almost completely pieced…you can see a few shirts still hanging off the right side. There is also a partial seam hanging in the middle (on the left side of the center shirt) waiting to be finished. I’ve learned I’m not a big fan of partial seams…at least not this many!
Because this one takes so much brain power, I’ve been taking regular breaks to work on something else (or maybe I’m just procrastinating!). I worked on the June block for Sugar Block club this morning – pulling the fabrics was the hardest part.
And I’ve also started working on a rainbow hearts quilt to send to Orlando MQG (learn more here) in support of #quiltsforpulse. I need to make a few more orange, yellow & green before I start planning the layout.
That’s about all for now…I’ve got the day off so I think I’m gonna go kick my feet up and take a nap!!