I’ve been working on my new Scrap Attack project for August and it’s really coming together beautifully.
Here’s the project I pulled – this beautiful quilt was made by Cynthia Brunz and I found the instructions for the blocks on her blog
She didn’t have a name for this design so I’m going to call it “Framed Out”. I started by cutting 2.5″ strips from my scraps and then sewed them into 4 strips sets. I then cross-cut them into 2.5″ sets of 4 aquares.
I quickly realized I would also need sets of 2 and 3 squares so I made a few more. I then had to figure out what I would use as the accent fabric for the frames. I have a whole tub of fat quarter solids that doesn’t seem to have a bottom, so I decided to use those. I can get 1 of each block A & B from a single FQ so the frames will be ‘scrappy’ too!
Here’s my first Block A
And here’s what I’ve finished through last night… OH! I am so loving this!!!
I have four more blocks to make – 2 with green frames and 2 with orange – then I’ll have to figure out color placement.
I had another finish earlier last week…this pattern is called Limelight and it’s free from Benartex. I made my top from Lily and Loom Daisy Delights. I’ve had a half yard bundle of this fabric sitting on the shelf for months and I’ve also had this pattern on my ‘to make’ list for a couple of years. It came together pretty quickly since the pieces are pretty big…and the fabric just sings!!
Not a lot of walking this week – it’s rained almost every day – but I did get out at least twice. Fingers crossed next week will be better. I follow a blogger who laid down a challenge for others to follow along with her as she posts every day how she’s doing following her eating plan. I jumped on and I’ve been checking in on her blog every day. Hopefully this will be the kick in the ass I need!!
Have a great rest of the weekend!! ttfn