All my time in the sewing room this week was devoted to quilting my Stoplight quilt. I finished the top and backing back in March, got it basted in July and it’s been sitting in the corner waiting for me to quilt it. I just couldn’t figure out how I wanted to quilt it so I did some internet surfing (stalking) of other Stoplight quilts and settled on a FMQ echo flowers in the center of each block and small loops to fill in and travel.
Here are some in-progress shots
As soon as I finished I took it outside for pictures, it was very overcast so I didn’t get a lot of good shadowing on the quilting 😦 That one bronze block in the lower left of the picture does show the quilting pretty well…
I put the binding on last night and laid it on my bedroom floor for picture…ugh, more bad lighting but you get the gist 😉 Finished size is 60×72, I’ll post it for sale on FB and see if I get any takers. Using the new calculations mentioned in a previous post, I’ll list it for $180.
I liked this flower fabric for the backing but didn’t have quite enough, so I filled in with some solid fat quarters in coordinating colors.
That’s all the sewing/quilting for this week…SO happy to have this one done 😀
Have a great rest of the weekend!