I pulled out the last basted quilt sitting in a pile in my sewing room and got it done last night. I hemmed & hawed for quite a while deciding how I wanted to quilt it and finally decided on diagonal lines. There’s just so much going on with the piecing I felt it needed minimal quilting.
Here’s a picture from last August of the finished top
After a quick pressing (thank goodness spray basting holds for several months!), I quickly got the diagonal lines done. I looked at the backside and it just looked like it needed more so I added straight lines down and across through the blocks – and then I was happy.
The original designer (Cynthia Brunz) didn’t have a name for this so I’ve called it “Framed Out”. I took these pictures on my bedroom floor – it was the best lighting I could find as we’re experiencing a rain-a-thon here in SC…ugh…
As usually happens with me, I had trouble with some dragging at the crossing of the quilting lines…but I’m hopeful once it gets washed it won’t be very noticeable.
I’m seriously getting the itch to start something new and that’s the last thing I need right now. We’re starting to pack for the move and I certainly don’t want a half finished top weighing on my mind…but when has that ever stopped a quilter – LOL
That’s all for now… have a great rest of the weekend 🙂