Couldn’t get much sew-jo going this week so I decided I needed to make sausage balls, for the first time… oooof! I googled recipes and chose the most popular one – it only had 3 ingredients! After buying the ingredients: a block of cheddar cheese, a pound of Jimmy Dean sausage and Bisquick I realized I did not have a cheese grater! So I pulled out my food processor that has a grating blade and gave that a whirl.
Unfortunately that did not work very well, unless the cheese was extremely cold it kept getting stuck on the blade and would not grate. After half the block was shredded I gave up – in hindsight that meant I only had half the amount of cheese the recipe called for…ooof!
I dumped the cheese in a bowl with two cups of Bisquick and a pound of sausage and used my hands to get it all combined. At this point I knew it was dry but I pushed forward making 30 sausage balls. I baked them for 30 minutes at 350° and here’s what they look like fresh out of the oven.
Not bad right? Unfortunately they turned out dry and dense and after trying a few they went in the trash 😦
We spent New Years Eve on the couch changing channels between all of the New Year’s Eve shows and watching college football Bowl games. We managed to stay up until midnight but we didn’t even bother to open the bottle of Asti Spumante… we were too tired at that point! We kissed, we hugged and we went to bed hoping and praying 2022 will be a much better year!!!
I decided to join Karen Brown’s “Declutter 2022” challenge which should help me clean up my sewing room and get things organized. I’m hoping this will reignite my desire to spend hours in my sewing room again…ever since we lost Sammie I just can’t seem to spend more than 5 minutes in there 😦
Amazingly, I have kept up with the “Weight Loss” qal hosted by Kirsten of Sew Fabric Love but so far no weight has been lost – eeek!! If nothing else I will hopefully form new habits for drinking lots of water and walking everyday 😉
And last night I finally forced myself to sit down and quilt the panel that has been basted for weeks. This is the last item I was sent to finish for my friend whose mother has stopped sewing & quilting. I agonized for weeks about how to quilt this and after getting some feedback I went with vertical lines of snowflakes. I’m SOOO glad this is done and I’m happy with how it came out. Now I just need to figure out what I’m going to use for binding…oh no, more decisions! 😮
That’s about all for now…have a great rest of your weekend!