I did not do much sewing this week 😦 Again choosing to procrastinate, ugh! I did piece the left and right sections of the tshirt quilt (no picture) and I did order the backing fabric for it…I guess that counts as something!! The customer wanted a neutral for the back and chose this tone on tone text – I love it!
I also wanted to piece all the blocks for my Stoplight top so I could count February’s Scrap Attach as complete…but no, they sit in a stack mocking me! LOL
I pulled my next Scrap Attack project for March – it’s called Briar Rose and it’s a free pattern from England Street Quilts. I need to see how much background fabric I have, that’ll determine how big I make it :-p
And finally, I went on a little shopping spree for a new bullet journal binder. I made my first one using a placement from Walmart and some fabric…it’s fine but I wanted something a bit more sturdy with a snap closure instead of elastic. I was shopping online when I stumbled across a 50% off sale at JoAnns on Websters Pages Planners. Their website said they had at least 4 in stock so I hopped in the car…only to find there was really only 1 left on the shelf and not necessarily the color I wanted. But, I got it anyway. 😀
This is actually a 6-ring binder so I had to do a little altering to turn it into a travelers cover. I carefully removed the rings, covered the small holes with some matching stickers, then inserted my LT1917 into the back cover. From there I added a jump band and inserted the two other inserts I had in my homemade TN…and I LOVE it!!! It’s not real leather but I actually prefer it that way (no animals were harmed!).
I can always go a little farther by punching holes in the spine and adding actual elastic bands to the binder but I’m good with this for now.
That’s about all for now…I plan to head into the sewing room to get something done today! ttfn…