Another Color Blocks quilt!

This week I finished the September pattern called “Gather Ye Rosebuds”. I got it basted last weekend and I did the quilting in the flower buds and leaves. That left the background which needed a meander. I worked through that on Friday and by the end of the evening I had the binding on 😀

These pictures were taken at night so the colors are a little off… the binding is not as dark as it seems and the backing fabric is not as ‘peachy’ as it seems. I’m really happy with this final result and I’m sure it will be loved when it finds it’s new home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We went out for Thanksgiving dinner this year – we had gone to Carolina Roadhouse a few years back and enjoyed the food so we did it again. They work strictly by reservation and it is a plated meal, not a buffet. We got the full plate below plus a basket of mini corn muffins. For dessert, our choice of Pumpkin or Pecan pie. We went with the same friends we share most holidays with here in Myrtle Beach. I was so stuffed at the end of the meal!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got my Moderna booster last Monday and all went well. Other than a sore arm for a couple of days, I had no adverse reaction. Of course now the new Omicron variant is looming…uuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh, I really want this all to be over!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a brighter note (pun intended), we got our Christmas tree up and decorated last week!

Lights off….. Lights on

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That’s about all for now… have a great rest of your weekend!!

Christmas Tree table runner done

Spoiler Alert: Lots of gratuitous pictures to follow!

I finished up my Christmas Tree table runner this evening and I LOVE IT! I finished one earlier this month for a friend in California but it was a little different. For hers, I followed a design I saw on Pinterest which used patchwork squares for the tree and candy cane striped fabric for sashing and binding. I decided I wanted something a little different so I drew my own paper pieced design for the tree and went to work.

IMG_2876

As I’ve done in the past, I cut quite a few pieces incorrectly for the various sections…angles always throw me, LOL! I quickly learned that I needed to determine the correct size by placing the fabric over the next section before I cut it, that helped tremendously.

I also changed up some of the colors from the other runner, DH wanted more red in the top so I used a Christmas red for the sashing and binding. I also used red thread to quilt the swirl/circles on the trees…unfortunately it doesn’t really show up all that well – I don’t think it’s the right shade of red – but it’s done now!

Lastly, I used a decorative stitch to sew the binding on the back through the front and kept the white thread in the bobbin…I think it adds a nice touch to the back.

Without further ado…here are the pictures I took:

IMG_2866IMG_2867IMG_2868IMG_2873IMG_2869