As the year winds to a close I wanted to look back on all the quilty things I accomplished this year. Here are all the ‘finishes’ I had…there are quite a few more ‘starts’ that are still waiting to be finished :-p
Not as many as I’ve had in past years but I’ll give myself a break…we moved from Lake Wylie to Myrtle Beach in 2019 and that took a lot of mental & physical energy away from quilting.
For 2020, I hope to focus more on quilting for me….meaning, accept fewer commission quilts and just do whatever strikes my fancy!! Maybe I’ll finish more than I start, which means I’ll have to venture into my UFO pile!!
I pulled out the last basted quilt sitting in a pile in my sewing room and got it done last night. I hemmed & hawed for quite a while deciding how I wanted to quilt it and finally decided on diagonal lines. There’s just so much going on with the piecing I felt it needed minimal quilting.
Here’s a picture from last August of the finished top
After a quick pressing (thank goodness spray basting holds for several months!), I quickly got the diagonal lines done. I looked at the backside and it just looked like it needed more so I added straight lines down and across through the blocks – and then I was happy.
The original designer (Cynthia Brunz) didn’t have a name for this so I’ve called it “Framed Out”. I took these pictures on my bedroom floor – it was the best lighting I could find as we’re experiencing a rain-a-thon here in SC…ugh…
As usually happens with me, I had trouble with some dragging at the crossing of the quilting lines…but I’m hopeful once it gets washed it won’t be very noticeable.
I’m seriously getting the itch to start something new and that’s the last thing I need right now. We’re starting to pack for the move and I certainly don’t want a half finished top weighing on my mind…but when has that ever stopped a quilter – LOL
That’s all for now… have a great rest of the weekend 🙂
Posting off my normal Sunday schedule because I’m so happy to report I F.I.N.A.L.L.Y finished the t-shirt memory quilt!!! Can I get a Hallelujah and an AMEN!!!
Here’s the finished quilt laying on my bedroom floor in all it’s glory! This puppy measures 72×90!
I used the same fabric for backing and binding…
Here’s a close up of that fabric
Last but not least, there’s a surprise on the back…three more t-shirts! Thanks to a suggestion from Quiltmouse I removed them from the front because the quilt was far too long. Now when the quilt is folded down, there are more memories to see.
I am so stinkin relieved to have this quilt finished I can’t even put it into words!!
I’ll call the ‘owner’ tomorrow and make arrangements to take it to her – I’m sure she’s going to be just as happy to finally have a finished quilt 🙂