As mentioned last week, I finished the top made of my great niece’s receiving blankets and had to order fabric for the backing…it arrived on Thursday. When I saw this fabric online I wasn’t sure if the lines were part of the weave or part of the print and I was a bit worried…
Thankfully it’s part of the print and it gives the fabric a bit of a vintage look. Since this is 108″ wide I only need to make one cut and it will be ready for basting.
Next up, I continued to work on my Sept Scrap Attack project and made excellent progress…the top is done!!!
I took it outside to get a shot in sunlight
And I gave the IG swirl a try
And one more shot up on my design wall.
I’m so tickled with how this turned out with all those happy, bright colors. It measures 63×72. This will now need to go into the ‘waiting’ pile as I prioritize finishing the receiving blanket quilt and working on the memory quilt commission project.
Speaking of that, I pulled all those shirts out last week and deconstructed them…now I need to get down on my bedroom floor and work on a layout – my knees and back are already dreading it!
An update on the house in Myrtle Beach: we’re supposed to go there next week to close on the house and I’d be so happy about that if it weren’t for a little storm called Florence! I just can’t believe our luck!!! 😦 So we’ll wait and watch to see what happens and hope the storm takes a hard right out to sea!!
That’s all for now…enjoy the rest of your weekend 🙂